Cookies, Privacy and CCTV Policy
There are two types of cookie you may encounter when using this website:
- First party cookies: these are our own cookies, controlled by us and used to provide information about usage of our site.
- Third party cookies: these are cookies found in other companies’ internet tools which we are using to enhance our site, for example Google have their own cookies, which are controlled by them.
First party cookies
Used to identify a specific user session and enables you to successfully complete our project enquiry from. This cookie expires at the end of the end of your session (e.g. when you close your browser).
Third party cookies
- Cookies with names prefixed by __utm
southroaddentalpractice.co.uk website users can view the public website and send enquiry emails to South Road Dental Practice.
southroaddentalpractice.co.uk website users who submit an enquiry are asked for information such as name, phone number and email address.
South Road Dental Practice also collects aggregated information on the website usage activity of southroaddentalpractice.co.uk users and the names and e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail.
South Road Dental Practice uses collected information for the following general purposes: provision of services, service improvement, user support, contact and research.
The information South Road Dental Practice collects is not shared with other organisations or sold to other organisations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services users have specifically requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances.
- It may be necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
CCTV usage policy
- CCTV has been installed for the safety and security of patients, visitors, and staff at the dental practice.
- CCTV is operational in all communal areas of the dental practice including dental surgeries and Reception.
- Images are recorded 24 hours a day, seven days a week and stored on the hard drive of the recording device. The recording device hard drive is situated in the office only the practice owners have access to this.
- The CCTV only records images and does not record audio.
- All CCTV recordings on our recording devices are stored on a hard drive for 21 days before being wiped.
- Signs informing visitors that CCTV is in place can be found in patient waiting areas, inside surgeries and outside the practice.
- Dr Koasha, Dr Chohan and Dr Bains of South Road Dental Practice operate the CCTV.
- The recording device has the capability of transferring data to an external hard drive for cooperation with the relevant authorities. We will only ever do this where there is cause to believe the safety and security of patients/staff has been compromised. We do not ever share images with other third parties.
- Visitors to the practice have the right to request to see images of themselves on CCTV as part of a Data Protection request. Like all Data Protection request, this request must be made in writing to the Practice Manager. We will also require information that will allow us to identify the visitor, the date, and the time if the visit.
- You can request to have the CCTV turned off upon entering the dental surgery for privacy reasons. Please make this request to your dentist when entering the dental surgery.
- We have followed the CCTV guidelines produced by the information commissioner’s office: http://www.ico.org.uk/for_organisations/dta_protection